IIUM Medical Specialist Centre (IMSC) Diet Consultation Services
Overview of Diet
Dietitian is a professional trained in translating the science of food, nutrition and medical nutrition therapy to meet the needs of individual or target groups, whether in disease or health. The Dietetics Services at IIUM Medical Specialist Centre work with patients, health care staff and the general public to promote optimum nutrition. This includes:
- Individuals and groups who need to change their diet and related behavior to alleviate or cure a medical condition.
- Individuals and groups who can prevent disease and ill health by changing their diet and related behavior.
- Promote health care education through counseling and health talks.
Diet Consultation Services
- Weight Management (Lose Weight @ Gain Weight)
- Diabetes Mellitus
- High Cholesterol
- Kidney Failure
- Pregnancy and Lactation
- Childhood Obesity
- Picky Eater
- Failure to Thrive
- Gastrointestinal Disorders (Gastric, heart burn)
How Do I Get Reffered
- Kindly contact our Specialist Clinic to make an appointment.
- We accept referral and self-referred patients.
- If you have just seen Dietitian outside IIUM Medical Specialist Centre, please bring along referral letter from the referring doctor or if you have recently make medical screening please bring the laboratory test results.
Clinic Hours, Rates & Appointments
- Monday to Friday ( 9.00am to 5.00pm).
- Location: IIUM MEDICAL SPECIALIST CENTRE, Kuliyyah of Medicine, Bandar Indera Mahkota, 25200 Kuantan, Pahang.
- Charges: Depending on the length of consultation and resources provided.
- Appointment Contact No : 09-5729900 / 09-573 0389
* Not covered by any insurance companies.
* ONLY RM 50/session (Promo until end of Dec 2018).