» Job Description Details
Job Descriptions :
- To dispense medication as stated on prescriptions, maintaining accurate dispensing records and ensuring that the medication is labelled with the correct drug name, strength, quantity, directions for use, patients name and includes any additional required information.
- To adhere to practice policies and procedures for dispensing medicines, in particular those relating to expensive and controlled drugs.
- Provide a second-check on all medication issued.
- Explain to patient on the medical prescription as instructed by Medical Officer / Consultants.
- Maintain minimum stock levels of medicines, checking expiry dates and storage conditions.
- Place accurate and timely ordered with suppliers and accept deliveries of medications, adding them to stock control records.
- Maintain dispensary equipment, ensuring it is clean, accurate and in a good state of repair.
- Using the clinical computer system ensure all relevant information is recorded within individual patient records.
- Endorse prescriptions accurately by checking prices with suppliers as necessary.
- Ensure that the correct medication and prescription is given to the patient, confirming the details shown on the prescription form and the label and confirming the dosage instruction where appropriate.
- Discuss and confirm with the patient that all appropriate medical investigations are up to date or have been arranged to be done.
- Respond to queries from patients, pharmacies, hospitals, etc, whether by face-to-face contact, telephone, email, fax etc.
- Liaise with members of the clinical team regarding medication for individual patients.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with other members of the dispensing team to ensure the accurate exchange of information relating to patients and their medication.
- Carry out other add hoc task and responsibility as required and instructed by the management.
- To complete and deliver the assigned task / work be;fore the dateline or on the dateline given by the management.
Job Requirements :
Interested candidates who wish to apply for the advertised position, please email us an updated copy of resume at email@example.com
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma in Pharmacy or equivalent
- Well versed with drug names and pharmacy maths
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in hospital and/or retail pharmacy
- Good command of English and Bahasa Melayu (written and spoken)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Pleasant personality
or contact our office at +609 573 0089 / +609 573 0080